Thursday, July 12, 2007

Best darn BBQ in Japan


After hearing a friend telling me about HILL COUNTRY, a bbq restaurant that recently opened up in my old neighborhood Chelsea, I have been craving BBQ like you wouldn't believe and had to give it a shot. Although Hill Country is Texas-style barbecue, I did my best to recreate North Carolina Style Pulled Pork barbecue. I must say I did alright. I am sure there are better bbq joints in N.C., but this bbq sandwich is the best I had in Japan. Up until now, The Hard Rock Cafe had a decent pulled pork, but mine is much closer to the real thing. Gonna open me up a bbq joint someday out here. I reckon I call it Kenny's Q. It will be the best NC style bbq you can get in Japan thats for sure! I used a slow cooker, but you wouldn't know the difference.

Hill Country
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/dining/reviews/11unde.html?ex=1184817600&en=ee2feace0d85c1f6&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mac enthusiast said...

Were you a fan of Dallas BBQ's back in New York?

July 17, 2007 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger ken212 said...

Yeah I actually like Dallas BBQ.
Some die hard BBQ fans are dead against it, but I definitely enjoyed my meals there.

July 19, 2007 at 2:16 AM  
Blogger Mac enthusiast said...

I find it reasonably priced and generally good, not to mention relatively easy to get to. Granted I'm sure purists will say better to make the effort and go to some distant joint.

You should definitely open up a place there.

July 21, 2007 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home